Fee Waiver Eligibility
- Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program
- Institute for the Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation (LSAMP)-Bridge to the Doctorate Program
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship Program (MMUF)
- Summer Research Opportunities Program (SROP)
- Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program (SR-EIP)
- UMBC-Meyerhoff Scholars Program
- Moore Undergraduate Research Apprentice Program (MURAP)
- American Political Science Association – Ralph Bunch Summer Institute
- UNC-Summer of Learning and Research Program (SOLAR)
- UMD-BSOS Summer Research Initiative (SRI)
- UMD-ARNR SROP
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minority Students (ABRCMS)
- UMD-SPHL Summer Training and Research (UM STAR)
- CIC – FreeApp
- GEM Scholar (Big Ten/Grad School Expo)
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD)
Contact Christopher Pérez (email@example.com) about fee waiver eligibility or to obtain additional information about the programs listed above.
To obtain the application fee waiver:
- Applicants need to make sure they have not submitted the application.
- The Graduate School is sent a request for the waiver (choose ‘Diversity Program Application Fee Waiver’).
- The applicant sends proof of participation/membership in that organization/program (typically a letter from the program/organization director).
- The Graduate School will send verification of the waiver by email.
- This should be done well in advance of the program’s application deadline. After this point, the applicant can submit the application without paying the $75 fee.
Please note: Any student that has attended IRT, ABRCMS or SACNAS, should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: [conference name] attendee fee waiver. In the event that proof of participation may be needed, the Graduate School will inform the applicant.