Who Should Apply
Applicants interested in BSOS SRI and SPH UM*STAR should meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Be U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the United States
- Be enrolled full-time at an accredited four-year higher education institution and obtain junior or senior status by the Fall 2018 academic year
- Possess an excellent academic record including a 3.0 or better cumulative GPA
- For SRI applicants, be interested in pursuing graduate study in one of the behavioral or social sciences*
- SRI applicants (only) are required to submit a current résumé or curriculum vita.
- For SRI applicants, preference is given to those who have taken at least one basic statistics or research methodology course
- For SRI applicants interested in our Hearing and Speech Sciences Department: HESP gives highest priority to summer applicants who intend to pursue a research doctorate rather than just the clinical MA or AuD in graduate school.
- For UM*STAR applicants, be interested in pursuing graduate study in the biomedical or biobehavioral sciences related to cardiovascular health