Annual Networking Reception, Dinner, and Resource Fair for Diverse Graduate Students and Faculty
Diverse graduate students from all fields and disciplines are
invited to attend this networking reception with a catered dinner.
(All #GradTerps are invited to RSVP)
Location: Colony Ballroom, 2203 Stamp Student Union
- Build a cohort of support with new and returning graduate students.
- Network with a community of scholars and professionals
- Share and retrieve valuable campus resources.
- Learn about campus events and initiatives for diverse graduate students.
- Connect and collaborate with people outside your department.
- Provide feedback on diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Doors open at 5:00pm - Limited seating
RSVP required by August 31, 2018
RSVP Required: go.umd.edu/ogdi2018networkingreception
Contact Office of Graduate Diversity and Inclusion Associate Director Christopher Perez for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tentative Event Agenda:
5:00 PM : Guest Sign-in, Name Badge, Resource Fair (see confirmed resource fair participants below), OGDI Slideshow
5:30 PM : Formal Welcome
6:00 PM : Buffet Dinner Served
~Salad~ Mixed Green Salad (Mixed Greens with Sliced Cucumber and Cherry Tomatoes, Carrots.
Choice of Herb Champagne Dressing or Buttermilk Ranch Dressing)
Rolls and Butter
~Entree~ Pan Roasted Chicken
~Vegan Sides~ Wild Mushroom Risotto, Medley of Seasonal Grilled Vegetables
Iced Tea & Iced Water
6:00 - 7:00 PM : Networking Activity
Tentative Resource Fair Participants:
- The Graduate School
- Office of Graduate Diversity and Inclusion
- Office of Academic and Professional Development
- The Graduate School, Graduate Writing Center
- The Graduate School, Office of Funding Opportunities
- Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
- Graduate Student Life
- Graduate Student Legal Aid Office
- Graduate Student Government
- Teaching and Learning Transformation Center
- Office of International Affairs
- International Student & Scholar Services
- University Health Center
- CARE to Stop Violence
- Office of Civil Rights & Sexual Misconduct
- University of Maryland Counseling Center
- Office of Community Engagement
- LGBT Equity Center
- Multicultural Involvement & Community Advocacy
- Office of Multi-Ethnic Student Education
- Undocumented Student Resources
- Office of Diversity & Inclusion
- Nyumburu Cultural Center
- UMD Memorial Chapel and Interfaith Services
- Stamp Student Union
- Student Organization Resource Center
- Undocumented Student Resources Center
- Latinx Graduate Student Association (LGSA)