Office of the Dean
Associate Provost and Dean
Steve Fetter is Associate Provost and Dean of the Graduate School. He has been a professor in the School of Public Policy since 1988, serving as dean from 2005 to 2009.
Associate Dean for Academic Standards and Policies and Professor, Communication
- Manages Graduate Programs, Curricula and Courses Committee (PCC)
- Enforces Graduate School academic policies
- Oversees Graduate Faculty appointments and service
Assistant to the Dean
- Provides executive administrative support to the dean and the assistant dean
- Coordinates GS events and functions
Anna De Cheke Qualls
- Provides strategic support and programming in areas of graduate education.
- Serves as alumni relations/development officer.
- Serves at point-person for international graduate students.
- Serves as Editor of the GradTerp Magazine.
- Oversee communications from the Graduate School.
Office of Graduate Diversity and Inclusion
Director, Office of Graduate Diversity and Inclusion
- Manages recruitment, retention, and support initiatives for underrepresented and underserved graduate student populations
- Develops and implements diversity initiatives in graduate education
- Serves as UMD Coordinator for NSF PROMISE AGEP Grant, GEM Fellowship Campus Liaison, and Big Ten Academic Alliance SROP Coordinator
- Diversity Officer for The Graduate School and UMD Big Ten Academic Alliance
Office of Academic and Professional Development
Director, Academic and Professional Development
- Develops and implements campus-wide writing initiatives and programs for graduate students and faculty
- Oversees the Graduate School Writing Center
Susan Martin, EdD
Director, Professional and Career Development
- Develops and implements campus-wide career and professional development programs for graduate students.
Office of Funding Opportunities
Assistant Director, Office of Funding Opportunities
- Oversees competitive GS fellowship and award programs and review processes
- Liaison for matters relating to Graduate Faculty Membership Nominations
Office of Postdoctoral Affairs
Blessing Enekwe, PhD
Program Director, Postdoctoral Affairs
- Coordinates programs and outreach to serve postdoctoral scholars.
Graduate Ombudsperson, and Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Serves as impartial, independent, and confidential resource for graduate students
- Ombuds Office
GS Operations: Admissions and Enrollment Management
Megan van Son
Manager, Graduate Admissions
- Oversees graduate admissions, especially international admissions
- Serves as GS liaison with Maryland English Institute regarding English proficiency standards and remediation
Business Process and Systems Lead
- Provides IT support and training for admissions software system
- Serves as applications reviewer
- Serves as applications reviewer.
- Serves as applications reviewer
GS Operations: Student and Faculty Services
Coordinator, Student Services
- Manages academic activities and issues of graduate students from enrollment to graduation
Information and Policy Support Coordinator
- Manages the Graduate Catalog program editing procedures
- Updates and maintains degree auditing system for graduate students
- Serves as administrative coordinator for the Graduate Programs, Curricula, and Courses Committee
GS Operations: Graduate Information and Systems
Information Technology Coordinator
- Provides primary IT support for admissions software system and GS website
Director, Graduate Information and Systems
- Oversees and manages information and systems technologies
- Manages GS Information Desk and communications systems
- Serves as GS liaison with University Division of Information Technology
GS Operations: Finance and Administration
Director, Finance and Administration
- Oversees and manages GS budget, accounts, and personnel
- Administers University/Dean’s/Merit Fellowship program
- Serves as budget officer for the Graduate School and coordinating official for UMD’s NSF GRFP program
Manager, Fellowships and Tuition Accounts
- Manages GS fellowship accounts
- Approves graduate assistant/student overloads
Coordinator, Administrative Services
- Manages human resources and payroll processes
- Reconciles GS accounts and assists in management of Foundation and grant accounts.
Program Administrative Specialist
- Provides administrative support for GS fellowships and tuition accounting