Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund Fellowship (limited submission)
Mrs. Dolores Zohrab Liebmann was the daughter of Krikor Zohrab, a prominent Armenian intellectual, writer and statesman. She supported students and educational and charitable organizations during her lifetime. This national competition is open to graduate students with outstanding character and ability, who hold promise for achievement and distinction in their chosen field of study, and who demonstrate a need for financial assistance. Students must be enrolled at the University of Maryland and must be U.S. citizens.
The Dolores Liebmann Fund Graduate Fellowships cover the cost of tuition and provide an annual $18,000 stipend for living expenses.
- Fellowships are available to students who are currently enrolled in and pursuing a graduate degree at a designated institution of higher learning located in the United States of America. Undergraduate students are no longer qualified candidates.
- The program of study being pursued by the candidate may include any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences (including law, medicine, engineering, architecture or other formal professional training). The selection committee has a strong preference for supporting scholarly endeavors.
- The candidate must have received a baccalaureate degree at the time of application and have an outstanding undergraduate record.
- The candidate must demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- The candidate must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- The candidate may be of any national descent or background.
Application Process: University of Maryland may nominate 3 students. To be considered for nomination, please arrange for your application and any certified transcripts to be send to Robyn Kotzker. The deadline is Monday, January 9, 2023.
Complete application and transcripts must be sent to Robyn Kotzker at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the address below.
Ms. Robyn Kotzker, University of Maryland, The Graduate School
Office of Funding Opportunities
2123 Lee Building
7809 Regents Drive
College Park, MD 20742
Selection Criteria: Nominees will be selected based on the criteria indicated by the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund Trustees. Successful nominees will have outstanding undergraduate records, demonstrate substantial educational debt, hold promise for distinction in their chosen fields of study, and show outstanding character.
- A Graduate School Committee will select three students to be UMD's nominees for the Dolores Liembann Fellowship, and applicants will be notified by January 20 2023.
- Fellowship selections will be made by Dolores Liebmann Fellowship Selection Committee by June 2023.