|General Requirements:||Statement of Purpose*|
|TOEFL/IELTS/PTE (international graduate students)|
|Program-Specific Requirements:||Letters of Recommendation (3)|
|Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) (optional)|
|Graduate Record Examination (GRE) (optional)|
|GRE Subject (optional)|
|Writing Sample (one required, up to two more optional)|
|Portfolio PDF Upload (optional)|
|Application Deadlines:||December 8, 2023 (Fall 2024 Domestic/International)|
|Diversity Statement:||The College of Information Studies is committed to supporting students and ensuring a fear-free, inclusive space where all students can thrive. The department recognizes non-binary gender identifications, as well as the difference between assigned biological sex and gender expression. It encourages students, faculty and staff to share and honor preferred pronouns and names.|
*The Ph.D. in Information Studies program (INFS) offers students opportunities to develop research-oriented careers in the field of Information Studies. To ensure that the program is a good fit for your background, interests, and abilities, it is important for us to have a good understanding of your goals and how you see those fitting with the activities you will be doing if accepted to this program. To help us assess this aspect of your application, please provide one personal statement of no more than 1,500 words in response to the following questions (uploaded to the Statement of Purpose within the application):
1. What is the specific area of your research interest? How have you developed your interest in this area?
2. What skills and/or prior experience that you have can help you pursue your interest?
3. Which faculty members at Maryland's iSchool would you be interested in working closely with, and why?
4. What are the goals you would like to achieve in your doctoral study at Maryland's iSchool? What is your plan to achieve your goals?
5. What kind of career would you like to develop after earning your Ph.D.?