Become An Expert
Building expertise is a hallmark of graduate education. What expertise do you need to be successful in your career? You may be part of a team, conduct your own research, develop ethical standards, build a professional community, all enroute to fostering your continued growth and development.
Examples of how to travel well on this pathway:
- Attend a Common Quandaries workshop, learn about citation managers, and meet with your subject area librarian to learn more about doing your research effectively
- Join the professional group in your field.
- Attend a dissertation defense in your department to get a sense of what completing your research will look like
- Attend and present at conferences. You can start with GRAD, right here on campus each spring
- Develop your teaching skills through a TLTC workshop
- Join us for a Graduate School Workshop to look for and apply for funding opportunities
- Apply for extpernal funding opportunities with the support of the Proposal Development Services from the Division of Research