Skip to main content

Tax Information for International Graduate Students

Are you on a F-1 or J-1 visa? OPT/CPT? Your visa status requires you to stay compliant with mandatory annual tax filings to the Internal Revenue Service. Failure to comply can seriously risk your current visa and/or any plans you may have to transition to H1-B in the future. TerpTax is a free service here on campus designed to help our international students with just the tax requirements. Visit the TerpTax website to learn more. 

Also, Glacier Tax Prep (GTP) software program is now available to international students from International Students and Scholars Services (ISSS) at no additional cost for filing your 2023 Federal Tax return. Please visit this page to find out more information. For questions about Glacier Tax Prep, please visit the ISSS website to view more information.

Updated January 23, 2024

Back to Top