U21/PwC Innovation Challenge (2022)
The 2022 U21/PwC Innovation Challenge is a multidisciplinary competition open to Master's and PhD students from all fields of study. Universitas 21 and PwC are two globally focused organizations who have come together to offer this exclusive opportunity to U21's graduate student community.
The Innovative Challenge helps graduate students to:
- Develop strong communication skills
- Create their own professional networks
- Take on real-world challenges
- Connect with other students across the globe
University of Maryland can submit 2 entries for the Innovation Challenge. Doctoral and Master's students are eligible. To be considered as one of the 2 entries, please submit your 3 minute video response to this year's prompt to the Graduate School by September 15, 2022.
2022 U21/PwC Innovation Challenge Prompt
Please submit a 3-minute response via video to the following challenge:
To what extent should governments support the private sector in managing and prioritizing their Environmental, Societal and Governance (ESG) agenda?
PwC’s Annual CEO Survey reported that, despite rising interest in the Environmental, Societal and Governance agenda, strategy is still primarily driven by business metrics. From your own point of view, address the extent to which you think governments should support the private sector in this way, and what form you think the support should take.
You may record your response using your phone, your computer, or one of the One Button Studios on campus.
SUBMIT 3 MINUTE VIDEO RESPONSE HERE (Sept 15 deadline)
If selected for nomination, the U21/PwC Innovation Challenge will have 2 phases:
- Individual Challenge (Phase 1): In an individual three-minute video, entrants from U21 network universities will respond to a challenge question
- Team Challenge Phase (Phase 2): Successful finalists from Phase 1 will participate in a Team Challenge responding to a further question in assigned groups. These groups will then ‘pitch’ their response to a panel.
Submit entry to the Graduate School: Thursday, September 15, 2022
Deadline for Graduate School to submit 2 entries to U21: Friday, September 30, 2022
Team Challenge Groups announced by U21: Monday, October 10, 2022
Team Challenge Pitches to take place: December 5-9, 2022
Winning group to be announced: Week of December 12, 2022
For questions, please contact Robyn Kotzker at email@example.com